How Does Red and NIR Light Promote Healing?
- Reduces wrinkles and softens pitted areas
- Increases production of mobile fibroblasts and keratinocytes in the edges of damaged areas. New cells add bulk.
- Fibroblasts – Provide structure and bulk to the inner layers of the skin.
- Endothelial cells – Make up the walls of the capillaries
- Keratinocyte – Major skin cell which makes up the dermis
- Produces stronger, more elastic skin
- Increases production of collagen and other structural proteins in skin.
- Reduces hyper pigmentation and sun damage and Rosacea
- Increases number of immune cells, leading to digestion and removal of colored deposits within the skin.
See the Red Light Medical Studies.